Well, not naming any names- I really won’t come out and say who my pick would be, but, depending on the administration’s pick, this is a pretty crucial decision for the Agency. Here are some of the attributes I think would be important for the position:
- A knowledge of the FDA review and approval process
- A strong medical background
- A person that believes that science should rule the day
- Someone who is above the political fray
- A person that has both compassion and common sense
- Someone with an understanding of how the drug industry operated
Which of these attributes do I think is most important?